Find a yoga class in Singapore

yogadirectory.sg - find a yoga class in Singapore
Home

Buy and sell your yoga stuff here. Communicate with other yogis and yoginis in Singapore.

OhmSantih 200 Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training (Weekend)

- Forums - Reply - Statistics - Register - Search -

yogadirectory.sg forums / Satsang Lounge /  Family members practicing yoga?
Zike

# Posted: 4 Apr 2018 02:47
Reply Contact

It can be motivated only by example.

tintedwhiteroses

# Posted: 24 Jan 2018 16:50
Reply Contact

I just talk unstoppable and my hubby felt curious eventually

KonchokPalden

# Posted: 10 May 2013 07:41
Reply Contact

Irving, Tashi Delek!
(good luck!)

This is a great topic starter. In Tibet, the wandering yogis are often found meditating in deep caves and in high and holy places. Often we know only about the Hindu yogi traditions, while the Tibetan side remains largely unexplored. In fact, Milarepa, one of the greatest yoga masters in the Tibetan tradition became totally green in colour, as he meditated in caves for long time. And in addition ate so much vegetarian food and also live on nettles!!

Most Tibetan yogis are also from the "ngakpa lama" tradition. This means they are practising lamas, but they have not taken the higher tantric vows. There are 2 types of lamas (monks). One type is the group of lamas who keep the vows of celibacy and total abstinence from sexual activity. Another type is the group of lamas known as the "ngakpas", who can marry and their wives help them in their dharma work and are heavily involved in many charitable projects.

Much of this yoga practice is both physical as well as mental. Physically, these yogis go to cold places and meditate in order to generate inner heat. This is known as Tibetan tummo ([i][/i] means angry girl) Meditation takes place during retreats where the length of time is determined by the individual. After the retreat, the person may emerge with very long hair as they don't come out for bathing, or get in touch with the modern world.

KonchokPalden

# Posted: 10 May 2013 07:29
Reply Contact

Irving

Oh this great family bonding time....wish more can share stories about yogic families.....

Irving

# Posted: 9 Jan 2013 19:51
Reply Contact

How many people practice yoga in your family? I am curious if it's you who introduced yoga to them. How did you inspire and motivate other family members to do it?

Your answer
 » Name  » Password 
 Only registered users can post here. Enter your login/password correctly before posting a message, or register first.
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's that?

:) ;) :up: :down: :biglol: :confused :cool: :mad: :sad: :shame: :smirk: :tongue: ... Disable smilies

OhmSantih Yoga's Drop-In Flow Yoga Class

Copyright © 2006-2018 yogadrectory.sg