Find a yoga class in Singapore
yogadirectory.sg on facebook yogadirectory.sg on instagram
yogadirectory.sg - find a yoga class in Singapore
Home

Buy and sell your yoga stuff here. Communicate with other yogis and yoginis in Singapore.

The Art Of Adjustment Workshop

- Forums - Reply - Statistics - Register - Search -

yogadirectory.sg forums / Yoga For Beginners /  Yoga and stress relief
<< . 1 . 2 .
Irving

# Posted: 22 Aug 2012 22:58
Reply Contact

I agree with you all. Yoga improves not only your physical but also mental and emotional health. It enhances your glandular functions, which control not only your metabolism but also your emotional conditions.

PunjabiKutty

# Posted: 10 Aug 2012 12:33
Reply Contact

yoga girl

with the same breath and breathing u use during yoga classes.
breath is life. remember the slower the breath, the slower the heart beat and the more stable your body systems are. look at the animal kingdom,
tortoise is the slowest moving and yet it survives way into old age.

yoga girl

# Posted: 8 Aug 2012 14:04
Reply Contact

Practising yoga is indeed useful in helping me to forget momentarily some of the daily stress in life, even if it's just for that one hour when I am in class. Next step is to how to integrate that feeling into every second of life!

PunjabiKutty

# Posted: 8 Aug 2012 10:23
Reply Contact

Yes John, I agree. Yoga is a natural method to help people under depression. The Western medicines used to treat depression actually promote long term memory loss after prolonged usage of the drug. To share from experience, a friend of mine in her 60s was a nurse at Institure of Mental Health (IMH) in Singapore. She told me that many patients who have depression have to take medication to be sedated and to calm them. I wonder if there is any damage to the liver in the long run. Seems like it is a rising trend nowadays in crowded cities to see a lot of people on anti-depression drugs. It is good to see yoga as an alternative to such drugs.

John Carter

# Posted: 7 Aug 2012 18:28 - Edited by: John Carter
Reply Contact

Actually yoga provide absolute calmness and comfort to our body and mind that ultimately useful to kill any stressful feelings and anxiety. Today mental issues are becoming common and yoga can be useful for these mental issues.

Phoenix11

# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 20:08
Reply Contact

A couple of minutes of yoga throughout the day can be a fantastic way to remove stress that accumulates daily - in both the body and thoughts. Yoga positions, pranayama and meditation are impressive methods to release stress.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your answer
 » Name  » Password 
 Only registered users can post here. Enter your login/password correctly before posting a message, or register first.
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's that?

:) ;) :up: :down: :biglol: :confused :cool: :mad: :sad: :shame: :smirk: :tongue: ... Disable smilies

85 hour Pre/Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training Program

Platinum Yoga - 200 Hours Teacher Training

Copyright © 2006-2017 yogadrectory.sg