Find a yoga class in Singapore

yogadirectory.sg - find a yoga class in Singapore
Home

Buy and sell your yoga stuff here. Communicate with other yogis and yoginis in Singapore.

200 Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Course (Weekday)

- Forums - Reply - Statistics - Register - Search -

yogadirectory.sg forums / General Yoga /  Yoga is helpful for weight loss ?
Amit Kaushik

# Posted: 20 Mar 2017 17:00
Reply Contact

Yes..Yoga is very helpful in weight loss. Have a look at following weight loss yoga poses:

1. Ardha Chandraasana or the half moon pose.

2. Veerbhadrasana 1 or warrior pose.

3. Utkatasana or the chair pose.

4. Vrksasana or tree pose.

5. Uttanasana or forward bending pose.

6. Surya namaskar or sun salutation.

7. Ardha Matsyendrasana or Half spinal twist.

8. Badhakonasana or Cobbler pose.

9. Kapal bhati pranayam.

10. Kumbhakasana or plank pose.

11. Vasishtasana or sage pose.

12. Halasana or plough pose.

13. Setubandhasana or Bridge pose.

mikeclarks

# Posted: 16 Jan 2017 17:39
Reply Contact

Yes!! yoga is very helpful for weight loss. Some of the yoga poses for weight loss are listed below

1. Surya Namaskar
2. The warrior pose or Veerabhadrasana
3. Triangular pose or Trikonasana
4. Upward plank or Purvottanasana
5. The boat pose
6. The bridge pose

Jeremy

# Posted: 2 Apr 2016 10:30
Reply Contact

Hey Jolia, I probably lost a little weight from yoga, but if you are thinking of a huge weight loss, you'll need to consider a higher intensity workout plus a healthy diet. With just a yoga practice, I did not see a significant change in my weight.

jamesande99

# Posted: 22 Sep 2015 10:46
Reply Contact

yoga is the most effective for losing weight.there are many effective yogic processes. Practicing yoga on a daily helped many people in reducing weight.

to know more please visit www.sarvyoga.com/yoga-for-weight-loss/

yogasingh

# Posted: 6 Apr 2015 13:17
Reply Contact

Yoga can help you Improves Blood Circulation, Decreases stress, glow shining on face, weight lose and personal fitness. Yoga help in both Physical Health and Mental Health.[url=http://www.apoorvayoga.com/]
Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh[/url]

angel

# Posted: 27 Feb 2015 17:35
Reply Contact

I think carrying weight as a form of exercise is probably the fastest way to build muscles and burn calories quicker. Seems the latest exercise fad vs aerobics exercie

However... this article seems to say the yoga sequence Sun Salutation can burn calories

According to them... the yoga sequence must be sped up in order to burn more calories!
However, to enjoy cardiovascular benefits, one may speed up the sequence and choose not to hold the breath but instead create a flow sequence.

http://pagepink.com/2015/jessica-sinclair-sun-salu tation-yoga-sequence/

yogasingh

# Posted: 24 Feb 2015 13:12
Reply Contact

Boost Your Energy With Yoga , Yoga is a deeply spiritual practice, improve stamina, strength and body flexibility, concentration and balance, improved metabolism,.
Yoga Teacher Training India

elvira caamal

# Posted: 29 Sep 2014 20:52 - Edited by: elvira caamal
Reply Contact

Just want to know yoga is helpful for losing weight or not ? :S

Yes off course, yoga is one of the best and natural thing that can get that done. I've successfully lost 15 pounds in a month with the help of Yoga. However, I am simultaneously also taking self defense lesson to loose weight fast. So you can take any thing like this to reduce fast.

jolia curt

# Posted: 15 Jun 2014 21:48
Reply Contact

Just want to know yoga is helpful for losing weight or not ? :S

Your answer
 » Name  » Password 
 Only registered users can post here. Enter your login/password correctly before posting a message, or register first.
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's that?

:) ;) :up: :down: :biglol: :confused :cool: :mad: :sad: :shame: :smirk: :tongue: ... Disable smilies

The Yoga Explorer  Kids Yoga Camp

Copyright © 2006-2017 yogadrectory.sg